Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jill and my parrotlets Zinger (male) and Zazzle (female) are hatching eggs right now. There are 6. 1 has hatched yesterday...maybe more now but I don't want to disturb her too much. I'm very excited but also don't want to do this wrong so I joined this forum for support. Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
3,573 Posts
Hi and welcome! Very exciting news! I will let members with more experience with eggs and babies offer up their advice. My girl never laid or had babies. It is very sweet that Zinger and Zazzle have a brood in the way!

·
Super Moderator
3,573 Posts
Amazing!! How exciting! Congratulations! Do you feel like a proud mama yourself? I bet their adorable in their little prehistoric-looking way! Any chance of s photo? I would never think of disturbing the happy little family but if you are able to sneak one in and care to share, I would love to see them and Mom and Dad! Babies are awesome little miracles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are not happy with interruptions. I can peek but would need a second person to hold mama as she is velcroed to the nest. If I move her she is back with them almost before I let go of her. So I open the nest box once a day to be sure everyone is doing well and then leave them be. Unreal how much food they can put away, though. Plus.....seriously bad with technology and wouldn't know how to upload photos. Zazzle is blue, Zinger is blue pied. They are lovely.

·
Super Moderator
3,573 Posts
Totally agree! I wouldn’t want you to disturb them. Looking forward to hearing about their progress!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, my name is Jill and my parrotlets Zinger (male) and Zazzle (female) are hatching eggs right now. There are 6. 1 has hatched yesterday...maybe more now but I don't want to disturb her too much. I'm very excited but also don't want to do this wrong so I joined this forum for support. Thank you in advance for any advice.
How exciting! Welcome to you, Zinger, Zazzle and your new little ones!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts