Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought Willie a heated perch. I plugged it in but not in his cage yet I just wanted to see how hot it gets. The darn thing gets hot! I read somewhere that someone wrapped their heated perch with vet wrap tape because the perch was too hot for their birds. What’s everyone’s opinion for doing this? Do you think it would be safe for Willie and the perch? The heated perch I bought is the K&H Thermo-Perch, it’s only 12 volts 3.5 watts but still feels quite warm in some spots on it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If I were you, I would send it back and get a refund. I went on Amazon to see what the reviews were for the K & H Thermo-Perch and right away there were complaints of it being too hot and birds feet getting burned - one person's bird actually started screaming from being on it. Even wrapping it doesn't help according to some people. There are enough bad reviews that I think this perch is too dangerous and should be recalled. I would suggest the K & H Snuggle Up Bird Warmer instead - they have been around for years and work great. Cleopatra loves hers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts