Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sad to say that my Willie passed away this past Wednesday. He woke me up chirping in the middle of the night. I found him convulsing at the bottom of his cage. I took him to the vet the vet said it was neurological and that he had a brain tumor and suggested I put him down. I had him cremated and I’ll be getting his ashes soon. I am heart broken there were no warning signs before all this. I feel I had no closure. I want to get another one to help with the pain of him passing but I’m gonna give myself some time. Does anyone know of a good breeder on here? I live in New Jersey.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Oh I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and our sweet little Willie. Unfortunately, these things can happen without any way of knowing or being prepared. He was such a lucky little fella to have had such a wonderful life with someone who loved him and cared for him so well, just as you were lucky to have been blessed to have his sweet soul in your life.

I am in Canada but I am sure other members will be able to send you a private message with the name of reputable breeders. You sure seem to have more of them in the US than Canada.

You and our sweet Willie are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and our sweet little Willie. Unfortunately, these things can happen without any way of knowing or being prepared. He was such a lucky little fella to have had such a wonderful life with someone who loved him and cared for him so well, just as you were lucky to have been blessed to have his sweet soul in your life.

I am in Canada but I am sure other members will be able to send you a private message with the name of reputable breeders. You sure seem to have more of them in the US than Canada.

You and our sweet Willie are in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts
I am sorry to hear that but felt that was the way it may have gone based on your previous post. In a way it is a blessing in that he went quick. Our Bo took a while with him getting better or worse before I finally decided to do what was required. It was one of the saddest times in our lives. So the quickness while not giving closure is a blessing in the lack of suffering for all involved. Cold comfort I know but still you take what you can.

He was a great little guy and will be remembered by all, even us that never met him in person was touched by his character and antics. When / if you feel up too it please feel free to memorialize him in our "Rainbow Bridge" section.

I know a very good breeder in Alanta Ga. She does not ship but the trip is worth it. She has given me one of the most hand friendly, fearless, parrotlets I have heard about in our Rio. If you are interested I will pass the info in a DM.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts. Remember you will see Willie again in the next part of our great adventure. For how can heaven be heaven without our pets.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear that Willie passed. Fly high sweet little boy. I always loved his name. Such a sweet name for a little birdie. I have an idea how terribly sad you are feeling now. We love them so much and they become such an important part of our lives. They bring us joy and laughter. I think they make our hearts bigger. Maybe they make our hearts grow three times bigger like the Grinch. Maybe that is why you want another bird - Willie has made your heart bigger to love another baby bird. As much as you will always miss Willie, there is a beautiful little bird out there that needs someone like you to look after them. So, listen to your heart, it will tell you when you are ready. This new baby bird will be incredibly special like Willie was, because they are yours. They will come to love you like Willie did. I know how much you loved him. You were always trying to take the best care of him. There will always be a special spot in your heart just for Willie, where nothing else can get in. Willie’s memory will be forever etched in your heart. Hugs to you. We are all keeping you in our thoughts.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Kathy, I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain first hand.

I find here in NJ that breeders sell to the bird stores or the bird stores breed them. I know a breeder who only sells the store. We have so many stores in NJ.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sorry to hear that but felt that was the way it may have gone based on your previous post. In a way it is a blessing in that he went quick. Our Bo took a while with him getting better or worse before I finally decided to do what was required. It was one of the saddest times in our lives. So the quickness while not giving closure is a blessing in the lack of suffering for all involved. Cold comfort I know but still you take what you can.

He was a great little guy and will be remembered by all, even us that never met him in person was touched by his character and antics. When / if you feel up too it please feel free to memorialize him in our "Rainbow Bridge" section.

I know a very good breeder in Alanta Ga. She does not ship but the trip is worth it. She has given me one of the most hand friendly, fearless, parrotlets I have heard about in our Rio. If you are interested I will pass the info in a DM.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts. Remember you will see Willie again in the next part of our great adventure. For how can heaven be heaven without our pets.
Thank you Ozzie. I can’t drive far so GA is out of the question. Thank you for the info though. Sorry to hear about your bird Bo.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Sophie and I are so very sorry. Willie was loved and he knew it. Whenever you're ready, a new little bird will be so lucky to come into your home.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how attached I have become to my guy and I truly feel your pain.

I got Pip from a small store and they specialize in exotic birds. They hand feed the babies there. When I purchased Pip he was not yet weaned, but they encouraged me to stop by as often as I could to get him familiar with me. They helped me a lot as I was new to parrotlets and their needs.

They also clip nails and wings when needed and they also board. I have had to leave Pip there a couple of times, and he seemed to be perfectly fine when I picked him. He did miss his momma though.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear that Willie passed. Fly high sweet little boy. I always loved his name. Such a sweet name for a little birdie. I have an idea how terribly sad you are feeling now. We love them so much and they become such an important part of our lives. They bring us joy and laughter. I think they make our hearts bigger. Maybe they make our hearts grow three times bigger like the Grinch. Maybe that is why you want another bird - Willie has made your heart bigger to love another baby bird. As much as you will always miss Willie, there is a beautiful little bird out there that needs someone like you to look after them. So, listen to your heart, it will tell you when you are ready. This new baby bird will be incredibly special like Willie was, because they are yours. They will come to love you like Willie did. I know how much you loved him. You were always trying to take the best care of him. There will always be a special spot in your heart just for Willie, where nothing else can get in. Willie’s memory will be forever etched in your heart. Hugs to you. We are all keeping you in our thoughts.
Thank you. I won’t be getting another bird right away because I’m still mourning my Willie. Perhaps in the spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts