Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up 4am to Willie chirping loud. I uncovered him to find he’s having seizures. I don’t know what to do there isn’t a vet near by. He’s been having the seizures for hours. I talk to him softly but I don’t know what else to do!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sounds horrible! Can you describe what happens during his seizures?
Did he eat anything strange or chew metal? Or did something else happen? How do his feces look?

Make sure he can't fall or hurt himself, I'd remove all perches. If there is no possibility to visit a vet you can try calling them for advise?
Best wishes, I hope he will improve!

·
Administrator
5,396 Posts
I am sorry to hear this. I have been through it with Bo and it is hard to watch. Keep him warm and comfortable. Is it happening all the time or are there bouts of it? With Bo avian light and making sure he got more calcium helped.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
Oh my goodness! That’s scary! Perhaps put a kitchen towel on the bottom of his cage so he can have a low perch but won’t hurt himself falling off of it. It will also help him not injure himself while he is having a seizure. You can cover the towel with a layer of newspaper to make cleaning easier.

i know you don’t have a vet nearby but this sounds serious enough for you to consider travelling to see one, if possible. There can be many causes for seizures and the treatment may be relatively simple. I would suggest you take a short video when it is happening, if you can. If you do see a vet, it will help for them to be able to see what is actually happening.

my heart is with you and Willie. I hope the poor little fella recovers. It’s so hard when our little guys aren’t well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts