Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
It is hard to tell the extent of the white feathers. Are they pure white all the way down the shaft? Is this his first molt?

David and Vicki

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
Is the white all the time or just sometimes.

My blues seemed to do this to some degree when their feathers were getting old and about to be molted and they would relax the feathers would almost turn whiteish.

·
Super Moderator
6,666 Posts
Looks like a light pied to me. What makes you think it's not pied?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is hard to tell the extent of the white feathers. Are they pure white all the way down the shaft? Is this his first molt?

David and Vicki
Some of his feathers are fading into white feathers but not all the way. I never had a bird that molted before so I have no Idea but I predict that he is gonna molt soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a light pied to me. What makes you think it's not pied?
Well I’m not sure but the bird seller said he’s not pied plus his nail are not white. But I still don’t really know how to recognize a bird thats pied or a bird that’s not pied.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Look through here. Some of these other non marbled or non pied have white feathers. I wouldn't worry too much. When in doubt. Call any reputable avian vet you can find and ask.

·
Super Moderator
6,666 Posts
Well I’m not sure but the bird seller said he’s not pied plus his nail are not white. But I still don’t really know how to recognize a bird thats pied or a bird that’s not pied.
I always thought if it had white it was pied. If it's really light I'm.not.sure about the nails but I could be wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts