Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kai's cage is in my bedroom cause that's where i spend most of the day. But i have another cage that I can move him around in if i need to.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Bitsey Jo has a little white antique table and it's not heavy at all and her cage fits it perfectly.In the kitchen she sits on a tea cart, then when I go to the living room she is on her table and it goes from room to room and at night it is by my bed to go to sleep. I have to tell you she goes into the bathroom on her table if I take a long bath. If I sit on the couch she is by the couch. I can't always leave her out because of the dogs so she goes with me in her cage. When I open the cage door she will come out but sometimes she is content to be in it next to me. When my friends come to dinner she cherps till I put her by the table...they all have known her for years and think that she is funny and a friend.

That's why I have resisted getting a big cage because she is used to being with me room to room.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Paulie is in our dining room. It's close to the action, which he loves, but we can quiet it down and darken it up at bedtime.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Spark and MeMe's cage is in the living room window - this way they get to be where the action is. Actually, the cage just looks too big in the other rooms and they seem to like it where they are.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have mine across from the quaker cage so they can watch each other and Gelato's cage is also near the budgie cage. The budgies are very active and keep him busy.

The budgie cage and Gelato cage are on top of the entertainment center (mostly to keep the cats away from them) and my quaker (General Tso) has the dresser to himself. The cats leave him alone after he tried to chew off their toes and whiskers. One cat was rubbing on his cage while he was eating, he reached over and pulled a whisker out. Another cat was holding onto the bars and wasn't quick enough, he latched onto a toe and startled my cat.... so they don't bother him anymore, more trouble than he is worth.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The family room I guess it would be called - its a room off the kitchen separated by the kitchen island - I have the cage placed half by the window looking out onto the back yard and the other half by a wall. We watch TV in this room until 7pm then we have the main TV room upstairs in the bonus room so Mr. Peepers can sleep downstairs.
If we're watching a movie upstairs before his bedtime we bring him - but he is such a Pest most of the time you can't really pay attention to a movie :p

When I first set his cage up by the window I wasn't sure how he would react - but he loves it, he mostly stays on the part of the cage by the window - But one should watch as not all birds do - I had my Senegal's cage by the front window and noticed she would spend most of her time playing on the cage floor or sitting on the lowest perch to the floor - I quickly realized it was because it was below the windowsill and she wasn't comfortable with the window view - immediately, once I moved the cage away from the window she was using the entire cage - [Just an FYI to watch how your birds react to a window view] - it probably didn't help that we have Hawks in our area so she probably didn't like seeing those :eek:

Although, I have to say I like Memmey's set up - moving the bird into each room she is in - Bird heaven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts