Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of Bitsy's favorite toys has wooden beads that are wrapped up like candy (taffy). He's "opened" them all now. I'm wondering what would be birdie safe to re-wrap them with or to make him a new toy. He had such fun with this one! I have colored computer paper, but I wonder if it's birdie safe. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
There is a natural brown craft paper - I believe you can get it a Michaels Craft store or probably any craft store.
Its a different texture than a Grocery paper bag and should twist and hold like the taffy paper on those toys.
I don't believe it has any dyes that would be harmful to the birds.

Cheers -

·
Registered
78 Posts
I definetely wouldn't use colored printer paper, the coloring is not food grade. That's what you need, food grade colored paper.

What you COULD do tho is take plain printer paper, and then color it yourself with a coloring solution. I've done this to cardboard before (for xmas to be exact). Put some food coloring into water (just a bit of water) and then use something to "paint" the colored water solution onto the paper. I used qtips one time, but they take awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts