Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
also, it could be cool to have a better way of keeping track of "post" and comments you have made to threads.. sometimes they are lost and I wish I could refind them to see what people wrote after I replied. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
also, it could be cool to have a better way of keeping track of "post" and comments you have made to threads.. sometimes they are lost and I wish I could refind them to see what people wrote after I replied. :)
Puddles go to your profile under statistics and you will see where it says show me my posts or threads and you can follow allong that way. Click on posts and it will be everthing you posted to and go to threads and its all your threads.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd love to see some instant chat box thing so I could get to know the other people on the board better! After establishment of some basic rules, all the forums I've been on have seen great success/bonding with them!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hiii! OK! Here it goes! I love oldschool stuff. Chat. IRC is a little too complicated for most and can be annoying at times. But I know they make chatrooms you can attach to forums and people who are logged in can join in and we could have a chatroom!

I love this forum and everything about it. But I LOVE chatrooms. Talking with people endlessly about things is so fun.. And it's nice not to have to make a thread for every topic.

They had a chatroom attached to the forum I used to go to for pet rats and it was always amazing. People helping each other one-on-one. If people needed answers for something faster they could pop in.. Or if your bird did something cute and silly you could share it with some who are around! Or simply getting to know one another a bit more.

There's a lot of pages of this thread I'm trying to get through. So I'm not sure if someone has suggested it and it's been denied. I sure hope not. I think it would be awesome! :) Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oh! And another suggestion! (This is the last one I promise!)

There's a few artist forums I've been on and they have 'sketchbooks' and other similar things that they can post to and people can comment on and they progress. So maybe we should start a separate section on the forum for our birdies. We can have time-lines of their lives and lessons we've learned and stuff like that. Kind of like a thread-blog if you will. Others can comment, we can update it when we see fit or have more pictures to share.. Etc.. Does that make sense? :)

Thanks for listening, again! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tapatalk should be reactivated. I purchased that app solely for this forum and really liked it and ended up using it for several other forums in which I participate across multiple disciplines--not just pets. The point of using it was to have all my forums in the same place (using only a single app), but that seems to have gone to the wayside now that I need to download a second app. I might as well just use the antiquated approach of a browser instead of pinballing across multiple apps--at least that way I can have bookmarks in one place! Granted, I don't often post, but merely visiting TP has significantly reduced since the exclusion of Tapatalk users.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hi Dave, any way to have a "mobile Version" for Cell Phone use ? Sadly my Cell Phone connection is becoming more reliable than my internet connection. I can get on from my phone, it is just a bit hard to navigate from the phone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Dave, I would like to support for one year, but there is only paypal as payment method. Would it be possible to add credit card payment? I am sure I am not the only member without paypal. Talk Parrotlets might miss $$ support due to being restricted to paypal. I am not judging here, just a thought...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
"Hello Dave, I would like to support for one year, but there is only paypal as payment method. Would it be possible to add credit card payment? I am sure I am not the only member without paypal. Talk Parrotlets might miss $$ support due to being restricted to paypal. I am not judging here, just a thought..."

I believe that paypal accepts credit cards, that is how I use pay pal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Hello Dave, I would like to support for one year, but there is only paypal as payment method. Would it be possible to add credit card payment? I am sure I am not the only member without paypal. Talk Parrotlets might miss $$ support due to being restricted to paypal. I am not judging here, just a thought..."

I believe that paypal accepts credit cards, that is how I use pay pal.
Thank you so much for your answer. You are totally right (and I feel silly now). Well, I got it and it was super easy to process.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I did not read all of these but a spoiler code would be nice to hide large images. I tried
text
but it does not seem to work here or maybe i did something wrong?

Also a video section with upload might be nice to have too or at least youtube compatible.

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
I did not read all of these but a spoiler code would be nice to hide large images. I tried
text
but it does not seem to work here or maybe i did something wrong?

Also a video section with upload might be nice to have too or at least youtube compatible.
I don't know what a spoiler code is; you mean like a subforum for video threads? I think photos is the best so far...we could but sometimes more subforum make the site harder to navigate. That might seem funny but we do have quite a few people forget to post in subforum anyway. Just my thoughts though!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I don't know what a spoiler code is; you mean like a subforum for video threads? I think photos is the best so far...we could but sometimes more subforum make the site harder to navigate. That might seem funny but we do have quite a few people forget to post in subforum anyway. Just my thoughts though!
A spoiler looks like a quote block but its contents is hidden until you click a tab/button then it opens up. There is not a lot of use for it here I guess since I seem to be the only one that likes to share a lot of pictures in my posts... hah

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
A spoiler looks like a quote block but its contents is hidden until you click a tab/button then it opens up. There is not a lot of use for it here I guess since I seem to be the only one that likes to share a lot of pictures in my posts... hah
Like a link that opens only when you click it? Our photos used to upload like that and then recently they changed it so we can see the thumbnail. Most of us used to post from Photobucket so people would not have to click so I was happy about the change. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but in any case we love photos. I used to post more photos but I guess I think there are so many if mine that people might get bored. Yes saying that sounds stupid. I will try to post more pics. :p

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
How about letting us upload video files or at least let us post watchable youtube links so that it keeps us here and does not take us to youtube.

I am not sure how that works but I used to be a member of a gaming forum and when you posted a link to a youtube video it would show the video and you could just play it within the forums.

I found this it might be what it takes for it to work not sure..
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/for...izations/204206-how-to-make-a-youtube-bb-code

61 - 80 of 88 Posts