TalkParrotlets.com banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're constantly trying to improve our site. But we need your help! If there's a specific feature you'd like to see added to our site, please tell us in this thread! We'll do our best to try to add it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanks dave! i hope more people will use this feature - it makes the threads more fun to read and you start to recognize people by their avatar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, not sure if this is a feature, but how about a DIY (do it yourself) area? I make a basic chew/destroyable toy my birds enjoy. I would love if I could get directions on how others make toys or other things for their birds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Dave,
It would be nice to have an area with links to parrotlet care. There is a lot of information out there that would be useful to members.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dave, I am a member of another board (as well as this one!), and would enjoy recipes or food ideas that people have found helpful with their plets. Obviously, this would fall under health, but I would enjoy a separate catagory as well. Love this board! Jan

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dave
please add 2 more sections, on "general parrotlet info" where i can post info on general care/mutations etc.

I have been adding things on the different mutations etc. but not really sure when to put it

and also
a housing section? where people can post their cage set up, links to cage suppliers, cage sizes etc.

thanks dave

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
What about a section called "Parrotlet Behavior and Anatomy"
Topics on physical features, colors, growth & development, noises, and assorted behaviors.

And probaly another called "Parrotlet Housing and Accessories" Topics on properly housing your parrotlet. Where can I buy cages or how do I make them myself. What mateials are safe to use? What about toys, seed cups and other accessories.

And, I think it would be fun to make a section called "Parrotlet's Voice" A place where your pets can talk to each other. No humans allowed!

Well, that is all my ideas. hopefully there is one that you like!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I personally preffer having different sites for different birds. I am a member on a few "all" bird forums, and it can get very hectic. Just my opinion though :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
How about a spot for links to favorite sites for toys and food?? I haven't seen anything like that here.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
And probaly another called:

"Parrotlet Housing and Accessories" Topics on properly housing your parrotlet. Where can I buy cages? Projects that I want to do. What mateials are safe to use? What about toys, seed cups, and other accessories?

I think that would be a whole lot better than posting those types of things in the General Section.

I am really for this!:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
How about an EASY BUTTON. LOL. The housing section would be great. That's my big dilema right now, before getting the parrotlet. I think most people think little 5 inch bird, little shoe box to house them in (seriously I knew a guy in college that housed a lovebird in a plastic shoe box with holes until his girlfriend made him give it to her,after a few choice words). She finally, bought it an indoor aviary.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I definitely agree with the others around foods/nutrition along with cage setup and toys (sites as well as homemade).

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Besides parrotlet care, etc.... What about more SMILIES!??? Makes it much more fun!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts