Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well, we had global warming in December and the beginning of January; there has been a minature ice age up here ever since.:D

I'm actually invoilved in this issue and though there is a definate problem, it is not as understood nor as cut and dry as the media is presenting.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think so.

Our school actually watched a school-wide movie called "the inconvenient truth" which is a documentary on global warming. It is pretty good and is really scary about what could happen if things don't start to change.

i'd recommend it for anyone interested.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we had global warming in December and the beginning of January; there has been a minature ice age up here ever since.:D

I'm actually invoilved in this issue and though there is a definate problem, it is not as understood nor as cut and dry as the media is presenting.

Regards,

Art S.
Can you tell us something about it, I'm real curious. I have some staunch rep. customers who say it is crap and then I see and read that it is not. Art tell me what you think.:confused:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
OMG I "TRIED" not to post on this but I have to just a teeny'weeny bit -

Yes, it isn't as cut and dry as the media hype on the issue and the media and documentaries are feeding into our fears.

I am not saying there isn't global warming but I can't in good conscience blindly believe what is being fed to me by the media but also need to look at the entire issue and do reading for myself.

A single factor can not account for climate variability. Our climate is continuously changing and has for billions of years and will continue for billions more. There has been a rise of between 0.3 and 0.6 degrees centigrade during the last 150 years but within that time frame there has been cooling as well. The measures from the corrected satellite readings still indicate an overall cooling. The notion that climate change is brought about by one or two factors such as carbon dioxide emissions and recently at that - is ridiculous IMO ;) can't leave "IMO" out :D

Yes Al Gores documentary is very convincing – although, I would say one sided. I recently read an article about the Gores 3 huge 'homes' as they call them - mansions are a more accurate description - and the article says there is a 4th. With these Mansions and his continuous jet usage and army of SUV's everywhere he goes he alone creates more emissions than the average 100 people. Maybe he should make a documentary about that.

I recommend any of the Planet Earth documentaries - its fascinating the changes our planet continuously goes through - if it may be global warming or not.

The best advice I'm read on the issue (for me) was to ignore the hype, as it will only make you unnecessarily anxious :cool:

And that is all I'm saying on this issue cause I can get my blood boiling. THE END :)

Now onto more important issues - Don't you all just LOVE your little Parrotlets :p I do :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL LOL Pado I just live so close the Gulf of Mexico I didn't want to drown , I could end up with ocean front property..LOL Hey you don't mind a friendly discussion about other stuff do you? Sometimes I feel we just say how cute how cute so much about our little birds that it would be nice to keep our conversations going and maybe learn a little something in the process. I'm like a middle aged sponge, still learning everyday and even still able to listen to anothers opinion..LOL I'm still refusing to join AARP..LOL

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Oh I'm always up for a bit of good Banter - I'm waiting for a some of that ocean view property myself, I hear California is about to break away from the mainland - I'm banking on it splitting right down my street :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts