Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mention in another thread about my friend keeping Bitsey Jo for 5 nights and four days. Here is the new question.Jo throws her seed out so when she needs more seed her dish it is always empty...no shells. If my friend puts her hand in the cage she's gonna thrash around I know that for sure. I have a tiny scoop she can fill the seed dish with without opening the cage and she can also use it for the water dish... finally here's the question..I wash her water dish everyday. Can she she just add fresh water for 4 days? I'm trying to weigh her thrashing and possibly getting hurt with a 4 day not washed water dish. She doesn't do anything with her water dish . She's the tidiest little bird. Tell me why all of the suddden I"m feeling so bad about leaving her I have never left her more than over night. She's extrememly co dependent with me. I'm being nuts right??????

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could say she would be excited but even when I clip her millet on her cage she won't eat it till she's had a chance to check it out,very scarey I'm sorry to say. Thank you so much for your input I appreciate it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's an update on the situation, I took b'Jo to my friends house and she told me her cat would not bother her so I stayed for a long while to see for myself and guess what? the cat tried to jump on her cage so I brought her home. plan B and my plane leaves at 5 tommorrow. I think I will leave her tons of seed and have my 2 friends and my x-husband take turrns checking on her, I 'm leaving the heat on 68 and they can check her food and water. This my worst nightmare come true. Did I really think that a cat and a bird could coexist. I think she will be fine my friends won't let me down. I'm thinking of starting a bird babysitting service for people just like me , who are in the same situation as me at holiday time. Next year I'm staying home!

·
Registered
70 Posts
A bird sitting service would be wonderful! Our local bird store will keep your birds for short terms for a fee, but that is not a "home" atmosphere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
'A bird sitting service would be wonderful!'

YES! Oh, man. I just drove to my parents' for the holiday with my parrotlet and two big doves in tow... we've already nearly had a cat incident!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts