Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave asked how to get more members to join. My thought is if a similar discussion is occuring in two separate forums - put links in each. However, I only know of three (I haven't looked very hard):
1. www.talkparrotlets.com (this one)
2. www.birdboard.com/forum/ - has a parrotlet section
3. www.chats.upatsix.com/chats/ - has a parrotlet section

Are there any other good ones?

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
794 Posts
All things feathered is good .They do alot of rescue but there are parrotlets there. They are nice. I like this site alot it seems easier to navigate...can't leave Dave. I look at both.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Art.. I asked them over at the other site to come over and give us some info if they would. There are some real savvy folks at that site, but having said that I want stay here and support this parrotlet site. The older bird owners could help people looking for info for their new birds. But we all have to make sure it's correct info for the sake of the little birds.
Nevermind I put the post and no response...tooo bad well today I got a response, I guess we don't have too many people asking the hard questions here it will be all right. The best advise is to read read read, the more you know the better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ParrotletExpress/
I used to belong to this group. I met Judie, the owner and her stories of Li'l Miss Kiwi were the best. (RIP miss Kiwi) They are a great group.

---excerpt----
The Parrotlet Express was the first list on the internet all about Parrotlets. (Originally founded in April 1997).
The Parrotlet Express is a group all about Parrotlets. We discuss such things as health, safety, nutrition, toys, training - anything and everything to do with Parrotlets. We may also discuss other species you have which become honourary Parrotlets. Our members share stories and pictures with each other, creating smiles and ideas. We have members ranging from the most experienced breeders and pet owners right on through to those looking to find their first parrotlet. We have our very own online help book, full of information for you. This is a group of many ages, so posts are always family friendly. We are like one big happy family and intend to always be this way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know I am new but, Yahoo's Pletexpress is good - Judie is a great lady.

Just4parrots.com is another good one. It's new but has lots of features and information. I like the funstuff they offer and the owner is nice (It has a section, it's not a dedicated board)

Parrotpleasures on proboards is great too but I have never been able to register there. (Also a section not a dedicated board)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm registered at Birdboard too. Has a good p'let section. Lots of bird owners have more than on species and that is a great place to discuss them all.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm not aware of really any other site like this one dedicated just to parrotlets. I know of some sites for parrots, birds, and pets in general that have a parrotlet section, but not specifically for parrotlets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts