Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a table of how much weight the chicks should be according to age? We are handfeeding three chicks and they are 32 days, 30 and 28 days old but they are all about the same weight of 32 grams. Is this normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello,
I don't have a table for the parrotlets, but if they gain weight each day, that is good! I have 4 babies that I am feeding, and their weights are between 36 grams and 33 grams. The oldest is 4 weeks and 4 days, and the youngest is 3 weeks 5 days. Sounds to me like yours are "normal". Any pictures?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Their weights look good / normal to me.

You'll see them loose a few grams right before fledging. Then they'll gain it back. Usually this full weight, before fledging loss, will become their adult weight. 32 grams is what I like to see in the Forpus coelestis (pacific) species. All too often they are bred for color and loose the size, sometimes weighing as little as 24 grams as an adult! That is green rump size, not pacific!

I have charts, all hand written though. Maybe one of these days I will get them on the computer and share!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts