Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from visiting Rambo (the parrotlet I am planning on buying) he is SUCH a little darling! He still can't fly yet, and is on I think three feedings a day. She said he should be ready to cut back to two half way through next week, and should be able to go home in three to four weeks! :D I am sooo excited! He was so sweet, he just sat in my hand as I stroked him, and was falling asleep. Aww!
Anyways, I was wondering.
What do you guys use as cage liners for the bottom? And does anyone have any creative ideas for a grate at the bottom of the cage? When I bought one, it didn't come with one, but I think it would be a good idea to think of an alternative or something. Any ideas?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Aw, isn't the wait just killing you? LOL, I remember I was so impatient. I probably hadn't felt like that ever since I was a kid at Toys 'R Us and begging my parents to get me a toy. Come to think of it, I wasted a LOT of money. :rolleyes:

I use newspaper on the bottom but there are bars down there as well, and the tray under that, so Nemo doesn't have access to ripping the paper. Well, I try to tuck in all corners but sometimes he'll try real hard picking at them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
We put newspaper on top of the grate bars. This way we can put shredded paper on top and hide stuff in it - they love rooting around in the stuff!

Good luck getting Wee-bird Rambo home!

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hmm ok. I used to use newspaper too, but I believe it was the cause of my Budgies death - either he choked on it or he was poisoned by it.
I talked to the breeder today about newspaper and she said not to because that the ink is poisonous, but then the breeder I got the budgie from said its OK. So what are your opinions?

Edit: And yes the wait is KILLING Me!!! Every single like moment of the day I have to jump up and down and go "I'm getting a parrotlet soon!!!" Everytime I think about it I just have to grin :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another Question

Also... I was wondering....

Well atm the breeder is calling the bird Rambo. Unfortuantely, everyone in my family and my friends have vitto'd the name, and when she asked I couldn't think of a name, so i told her to keep it for now.
He is still pretty young (DOB: Dec 15) but do you think changing his name now would affect him at all?
I don't want him to get confused when I start calling him another name, nor have him not answer to either name ><
Identity crisis = not good.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
He's still just a baby. Go ahead and change his name! I'm expecting a blue male soon too! Need a name for him too!
And I use paper towels on the bottom.
Sophie

·
Registered
794 Posts
You name your baby..it's gonna be yours and he peobably doesn't know what his name is he's too little. I'm so proud your excited good for you. Get ready he's comin.......

This may be real interesting reading for you www.parrotletranch.com. look around for the secton on Bringing baby home...very very good info for you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You name your baby..it's gonna be yours and he peobably doesn't know what his name is he's too little. I'm so proud your excited good for you. Get ready he's comin.......

This may be real interesting reading for you www.parrotletranch.com. look around for the secton on Bringing baby home...very very good info for you.

Look under parrotlet basics....interesting for anyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts