Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -- Do any of you go to special lengths when it comes to the water you give your parrotlet? I read that tap water can occasionally cause health problems, depending on the makeup of your local water. The writer suggested getting a water quality test, or possibly using bottled water. I've just been giving birdie tap water (unfluoridated). We live in a small city, so it's not like she's drinking mysterious well water or anything, but I'm wondering if I should worry about the chlorination, etc. Any thoughts? (My husband says I'm becoming compulsively paranoid over birdie's well-being! hehe)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have always fed my little guy spring water. We keep a gallon jug nearby for daily feedings. Our tap water tastes really bad!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know of many other ppl who use bottled water and such. Boiling would be good too. it kills anything that could harm your birds. Boil for 5 mins and that will be good, you don't have to do it for longer. We were on a boil advisory here not long ago (so stupid!) and we only had to boil it for 1 min for it to be safe. So 5 is lots.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Our birds get the same water I drink (remember, these creatures do have immune systems). My previous birds got tap water but now that we have a water filter, they get filteres water.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Our birds get the same water I drink (remember, these creatures do have immune systems). My previous birds got tap water but now that we have a water filter, they get filteres water.

The type of water is less important than the fequency of changing it.

Regards,

Art S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts