Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Sunshine has the vision M01 cage. I had this cage for a little over 9 years. I love this cage and is was just perfect for Sunshine in our house. It fell a while ago and I could not get replacement parts. The top piece is now yellowing and I figured it was more brittle.

I decided to buy a new M01 and keep the good parts for spare parts for future use.

Imagine my surprise when the new cage is 6 inches longer! Same width and height lol.

Well now we are over hanging the table he sits on but he has more room. I decided to set it up exactly the same for now. I waited for him to fly out of the old cage when I was removing his toys and perches. Then I shut those doors. The new cage was in his spot and he flew over to the top and stayed there until I was putting things in. He went behind my couch so I left him be till I was finished.

He eventually flew to the new cage and is currently inside looking around. Chirping like normal, hasn't eaten yet but I know he will. He just came out to eat his treats which is typically the first thing he does every morning so all is good.

Super Moderator
I was expecting to hear that the new cage was smaller, not bigger. And cheaply made. That seems to be the trend. So what a delight to hear it was bigger! I am glad Sunshine is impressed - or at least, not resisting. I consider those two things to be the same with these little guys.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was expecting to hear that the new cage was smaller, not bigger. And cheaply made. That seems to be the trend. So what a delight to hear it was bigger! I am glad Sunshine is impressed - or at least, not resisting. I consider those two things to be the same with these little guys.
I actually like the newer way it snaps together. It is heavier and my arms are getting a workout each evening but I can use the exercise lol. He is chirping away and behaving like normal.

Registered
Hi Sunshine has the vision M01 cage. I had this cage for a little over 9 years. I love this cage and is was just perfect for Sunshine in our house. It fell a while ago and I could not get replacement parts. The top piece is now yellowing and I figured it was more brittle.

I decided to buy a new M01 and keep the good parts for spare parts for future use.

Imagine my surprise when the new cage is 6 inches longer! Same width and height lol.

Well now we are over hanging the table he sits on but he has more room. I decided to set it up exactly the same for now. I waited for him to fly out of the old cage when I was removing his toys and perches. Then I shut those doors. The new cage was in his spot and he flew over to the top and stayed there until I was putting things in. He went behind my couch so I left him be till I was finished.

He eventually flew to the new cage and is currently inside looking around. Chirping like normal, hasn't eaten yet but I know he will. He just came out to eat his treats which is typically the first thing he does every morning so all is good.
May I ask, where to get this cage?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts