Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking on getting the Vision MO1 Bird Cage (It is 24" x 15" x 20 1/2"). I was wondering if anyone else has it and can tell me whether my parrotlet will be happy in it.:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Syd, if I were going to buy a Vision cage, I would go with the L01. Parrotlets really enjoy the extra space. And so will you because it gives you much more space for toys and other things to spoil them.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I have the larger "L" Vision cage, and it's nice, but a little heavy to lift.
If you can get a flight cage that has more width than length, it's the better choice. It might be a little cheaper, too. Best to you.

·
Super Moderator
5,096 Posts
I have the M02 (and the small one as a sleeping cage). I would recommend the double stacked one, even of the large. You can always only set up one level to start. Tumi enjoys the cages, although I don't use the plastic dishes in his main cage because stainless steel is better. Plastic gets a slime of bacteria. And you will want a ladder initially in case the bottom is a difficult jump for your bird. Some can make it, and some can't. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the M02 (and the small one as a sleeping cage). I would recommend the double stacked one, even of the large. You can always only set up one level to start. Tumi enjoys the cages, although I don't use the plastic dishes in his main cage because stainless steel is better. Plastic gets a slime of bacteria. And you will want a ladder initially in case the bottom is a difficult jump for your bird. Some can make it, and some can't. :)
Sorry by the "double stacked one" do you mean the taller version of the medium, or a whole different cage?

·
Super Moderator
5,096 Posts
Sorry by the "double stacked one" do you mean the taller version of the medium, or a whole different cage?
Yes, the taller version of the medium. They literally are a double-decker of the medium, which means you can build the taller one shorter if you want but not vice-versa.

·
Super Moderator
6,632 Posts
I have one of the large (wide, not tall) vision cage. Everyone's bird is different, but mine tend to hand out only on the top of the cages so a tall cage would end up with a lot of wasted space. I also like more celing space to hang toys from. One of my girls is a real seed tosser and i love the cage catches all her mess she's really the worst of all four.
:) Oh and just for thought I have seen the medium and the large side by side, it's not a huge difference so I would go for the large it will hardly take anymore space.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one of the large (wide, not tall) vision cage. Everyone's bird is different, but mine tend to hand out only on the top of the cages so a tall cage would end up with a lot of wasted space. I also like more celing space to hang toys from. One of my girls is a real seed tosser and i love the cage catches all her mess she's really the worst of all four.
:) Oh and just for thought I have seen the medium and the large side by side, it's not a huge difference so I would go for the large it will hardly take anymore space.
Thank you that is actually so helpful!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
My sister has a large cage like the one Seamonkey suggests. It's very nice.
Ollie has a large vision cage which he really likes. since he is clipped, he doesn't need a whole lot of room to roam. He plays on the bottom of it most all the time.
I use the stainless cups. Far superior than plastic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts