Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL

I've been noticing Figgy is sneezing for the past few days. And a few minutes ago i was holding him in front of me and talking to him and he sneezed, and snot went all over me!!!

PLEASE HELP!

what could be wrong?! Ive called my local general vet hospital, they said they dont have anyone there who could work with a bird?

I have been looking for a little bit and i cant find an avian vet!

HELP HELP!!!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Gosh, Valerie, wish I could help you! I've seen my birds do a kind of "yawn", but have never seen them sneeze. Maybe someone else will have an answer for you.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Some of my birds have sneezed from time to time. But it has never amounted to anything and went away very quickly. In the spring sometimes my birds sneeze more. Did he by chance go into a dusty place or are you in a part of the country where pollen may be coming out? My Ekkie, the first morning I had him sneezed so much I thought he must be on deaths doorstep. Snot was pouring out. I made an appointment with the vet. The first appt. they had was in the afternoon. I was in such a panic. After about 1 hour he stopped , didn't sneeze at all and he was fine. If he keeps sneezing and has a lot of discharge he could have a little virus or infection, so even if it isn't an Avian Vet if the vet has had some bird experience it might be a good idea to have them check him out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh nuggets!!! i just got back from the grocery store!! ill try and run out tomorrow or have my sister pick some up on her way home. thanks kristen. that might help (a little bit) heehh

·
Registered
120 Posts
Valerie--How is Figgy tonight? Anymore sneezing? I hope he is ok!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He did sneeze a few times last night so i moved him into a hospital cage up in my bedroom near a space heater so he is nice and cozy!!

he is still active and playing and eating though. and his poop is fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts