Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted any updates on Wendell for a while as I've been really busy at work, but wanted to pass along some of his new phrases and words. He continually amazes me with his ability and fascination with talking. His vocalizations now are about 75% words and 25% "bird sounds"! Every morning once he hears me moving around I hear "Good morning Wendell" coming from under his cover - if by chance I don't remove the cover right away then the "Good Morning Wendell" gets progressively louder! Whenever I open the drawer under his cage where his food is stored he exclaims "Treats for Wendell" and races to the door of his cage. It's hard to comprhend, but he has learded to associate what I'm wearing as to where I'm going - for example when I an wearing sweats and a t-shirt he says "Going downstairs" and sometimes "Going downstairs for breakfast" whenever I go downstairs.(his cage is in my loft) If I put on a particular yellow raincoat he will often say "Shopping" and when I put on my uniform for work he'll say "Goin to work". Upon my arrival home I am always greeted with "Hello Wendell" then "How's Wendell" and this is sometimes followed with "So good to see you" This afternoon as I was trying to have a nap - he wanted my attention and repeated "Hello" "Hows Wendell" "You are so cute" "Koko bird" and "Clean the poop" for 20 minutes until I finally gave up trying to sleep and bust out laughing - I'd never heard "Koko bird" before. Anyway will try to post more often and hope you enjoy.....
Stephen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrea,
Wendell is 20 months old. Also what is truly astounding about his talking is the ability to associate an action with a phrase. For example he only says "Good Morning" in the morning when I uncover him and "Going downstairs" when I actually am going downstairs and so on - I talk to him alot, but have never actually attempted to teach him any words. These little guys are such incredible characters.
Stephen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.wav files

I have some recordings of Wendell talking that are in a .wav format - is there a way to share them here?
Stephen

·
Registered
62 Posts
stephen that is so much fun! Is it bad that I'm jealous that mine doesn't talk yet....:rolleyes: He's still a little one though. Too cute, thank you for sharing :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wendell is Nemo's motivation to keep on learning how to talk! :)

I don't know how to upload the .wav files but I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Stephen!!! Wendall is the greatest little bird, I would give anything to hear him talk...Maybe Dave could make that happen for us.....nice to hear from you I miss the Wendall stories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts