Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! You may or may not remember me but I posted a week or so ago about my sweet little 2 year old parrotlet. Unanimously you all said it was male BUT guess who just got the DNA results back?? Rudy is definitely a FEMALE!!! I was blown away. I’ve attached some pictures of the DNA results as well as a cute picture of me being a total bird mom plus a couple extra pictures of Rudy because DANG does she look male!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Hi ! I remember you! So Rudy is a Rudette? That is what I thought. I had enlarged her pics by 5 times and took a guess that she was a she. I am glad you had the DNA done. No matter....she is a really nice looking p'lett, to say the least.

Try not to scritch her below the neck, because this could stir up some hormones.

Tell your ' daughter ' Vicki and I said, " Hello! ".

David and Vicki

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ohh she is so pretty! Congrats on the baby girl!
If I was hear earlier I would of guessed female as well because she doesn't have the bright blue under her wing like typical males would have

·
Super Moderator
5,048 Posts
Cutie!!! DNA for the ultimate answer, for sure. It seems that there is some pied or something in the coloring in one of the pictures?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cutie!!! DNA for the ultimate answer, for sure. It seems that there is some pied or something in the coloring in one of the pictures?
I’ve always thought she had a little different coloring than a regular pacific!! I’ll update this with more pictures tonight when she’s at her most active!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts