Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so talk about stressful. there is a small amount of mold in my bathroom, and so i tried bleach, which didn't work, so now it needs to be painted over. My biggest concern is kiwi cuz i don't want to let the fumes get anywhere near her. I have a fan set up blowing air away from her cage, and the window next to her cage open as well as others in the apartment. i risked myself (barely) by having only the bathroom fan as ventilation in the bathroom as i scrubbed by keeping the door shut and hopefully stopping fumes from leaving the room (The recommendation is to use chemicals with fumes in well ventilated rooms. I left frequently to get air). I don't think the guys that come to paint tomorrow will do that though. I also kept the door to the room kiwi was in closed, which i will tomorrow as well. My biggest worry is they will probably come while i am at school/work, so i can't keep an eye on kiwi, and smell for fumes entering the room, or make sure the door is still closed cuz i share my room with a roommate. basically i am really worried, but i think i am doing all i can do to keep kiwi safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Get a backpack cage and take the birdie with you. I use to take my Poco to work with me. Mostly on days when I was alone in the office and didn't want to be lonely.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,210 Posts
It sounds like your doing the best you can. Leave a note on the door that bird is inside. Please keep door closed at all times!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,181 Posts
That happened to me, except I had water damage and then mold in the bird rooms. The contractor was really nice and basically removed the floors. There was one board that wasn't badly damaged and he told me to bleach it. I did it with diluted bleach, which worked fine, but then he said it wouldn't hurt to use 100% bleach... so I did it and it really took it out! I sealed the floor with water based paint. It smells much less than the oiled based one. I made sure that the room was well ventilated and the birds were locked up in another well ventilated room. It worked out well for me.

Hope all goes well with your situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
good luck! I lived in an apartment and they had to paint the attic which made the whole complex smell like paint fumes. There wasn't a whole lot I could do and no where to take my birds but they were okay. If there is any way to take the bird out of the house I would recommend that though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey just wanted to let you know that it all worked out okay. Kiwi was fine, and the mold is gone now :)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top