Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i saw Louie and Coco mating this morning. They are only three months old and i was told this wouldn't happen if I didn't provide a nest box. Or being so young were they just practising ? They are too young and I am concerned for their physical health and the cage isn't suitable for a nest box. Although an experienced bird owner and having a father who breeds cockatiels, i didn't want to breed. What should i do next...

·
Super Moderator
6,553 Posts
I think i saw Louie and Coco mating this morning. They are only three months old and i was told this wouldn't happen if I didn't provide a nest box. Or being so young were they just practising ? They are too young and I am concerned for their physical health and the cage isn't suitable for a nest box. Although an experienced bird owner and having a father who breeds cockatiels, i didn't want to breed. What should i do next...
You are correct, that is way to young. You should be able to put them side by side in separate cages easily enough, and you can give them supervised play time outside together. If you don't ever want them to mate, they need to live separately on a permenant basis even when they mature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts