Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a toy in Gonzo's cage for a few months. It is a two mirrors in a barbell like shape that spins around. He really seems to enjoy playing with it, maybe a little to much. I even caught him cuddling with it a few times, though he hasn't done that in a few weeks now. My question is should I take it out or leave it in. I have tried relocating it in the cage but he goes right to it. Is it good for them to be so attatched to one toy?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You may want to reference Pado's posting under the thread "at my wits end" ... last page..he references a mirror that he had to take out of the cage. For times sake I couldn't figure out how to paste the quote so you'll be able to find it quickly. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Here ya' go: (LOL)

My male was this way. I had to remove all the mirrors from his cage because he would attack them all day - this is around the time he became over bonded to a toy - I was told he was probably frustrated with the mirror at first because "the bird in the mirror" was not responding appropriately to his advances. Then when he bonded to the toy he was attacking the mirror as an intruder - I had to remove the mirror :)

BTW, this was before I got my female.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well there is two ways....I did it an odd way:

I went to the thread. Found Pado's post, and clicked "Reply". It already had his text in it, etc. I just copied that and pasted it into a new post here in this thread.

An easier way is select/copy text and paste into a new post. Highlight the text and then press the "Quote" button above the text box. (It's a yellow speech bubble)

Try it with some text, in the test section of the forum (at the bottom)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
thanks Nick -- I did cut/paste and then wasn't certain I would have it in the correct thread...I'll get the hang of this...I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
BTW I removed the Mirror but that was not what mine was attached to - I was advised not to remove the toy mine was attached to because it could cause stress and lead to some other issues (one being plucking).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I took the mirror toy out two days ago, and no major issues so far. He seems to miss it a little but is playing with other toys and seems to be fine. He is also less aggressive. Before when I would approach the cage, or went to take him out, he would get on top of the toy and act aggressively. He would be fine once I got him out but I didn't think that was a good thing to have him doing. I'll keep you posted but all seems to be going well. Thanks everyone for your advise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts