Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting Rio a new flight cage. Jules was a bit of a perch potato and did not use her full cage but Rio is a bit of a spit fire and is all over the place. Most of the time since we have gotten him he is out of the cage with us. Now with the pandemic coming to an end and we are being drug back to the office Rio is going to have to get a bit more cage time. At the moment I am back to work and my wife is home with him all day but that will eventually change I want him to have plenty of room to run around in and plenty of time to get used to his new crib.

So the question is, anybody have any suggestions for a good flight cage?

·
Super Moderator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Dear Rio's Enslaved One,

I like the YAHEETECH 69 inch extra large cage. I will tell you why.....The breeder that I almost bought Chi Chi ( Cheech) from, after Ricochet, has 3 of the same sized cages as the 69 incher. I don't remember what brand she had, but it looks exactly like your second choice. When I visited her aviary, these 3 cages were side by side and had several birds in them. She made the comment that these cages were perfect for the amount of exercise that cockatiels and parrotlets needed. This lady is top notched in her field and well respected.

Lucky Rio!

Dave

·
Registered
I can't dive yet 0-0
57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We decide to go with this cage

Rio is considerably different than Jules and Bo and we hope he will use the whole cage when in it. Jules and Bo were originally cage bound and perch potato’s while caged but Rio, without their past is a creature of a different type.

Reactions: kiwi_and_avocado

·
Registered
38 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts