Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally managed to take my first pix of Stinky ol' Dinky (isn't it great how the name I chose for him just happens to rhyme so easily with that?). But unfortunately, you aren't able to see his face in this one. I'll have to wait until tomorrow or something, when he's wide-eyed and awake.

Note: He's living temporarily in a tall hamster cage I remembered I had that, strangely, actually makes a great makeshift bird cage right now, being that it has platforms that he can stand on. He's very clumsy and falls easily. Also, please ignore the big poop in the picture.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Look at that Dinky baby! What a doll!!!! Sounds like a great cage since he is so young and clumsy. Safe place to be. SOOOOOO CUTE.

This is how Chipper sleeps. She has two favorite places.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Yes, you better measure the bars. Would be horrible to have his head get caught. Otherwise it is nice. Should be 1/2 inch for sure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kai sleeps on one leg, the other leg tucked over his wing, and his nose buried in his back feathers.
I should try to catch a picture, it's hard though he always wakes up when i shuffle close to him :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooh...I was at work when I read all of this kind of freaked out about bar space until I remembered that hamsters are experts at escaping and that it's unlikely the bars would be very wide...I've had Russian Dwarfs that escaped cages, squashed themselves under closed doors, and lived in sofas by the week. Though I did measure the bars, which did end up being 1/2 wide. Phew!

Sally, Chipper looks like an absolute angel in that picture! So sweet!!

Kai sounds like a very talented sleeper, Azale...you should definitely
keep trying to catch him with the camera! It's gonna be awhile before Dinky can sleep on one leg...first he needs to learn how to keep his balance on BOTH legs while AWAKE. We'll work on that first!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Haha, babies are so funny. They have no balance what-so-ever it seems.
I was on the bed and Kai was 'running' towards me. He went over a little bump, and splat! fly on his face.
And when he was sitting in his cage another day, he startled himself, and was hanging by one foot on a perch. So silly!
He really cracks me up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts