Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a play gym next to Sunshines cage. In an attempt to lure him over to it, months ago I put some seeds and millett in a food dish and frankly forgot about it.

Last night Sunshine was very quiet and I looked over and he was eating the millett and seeds. Lol so they will eat if hungry.

I put some fresh millett in there today and he came out and was eating there again.

I used to feed my Huey his people food outside of the cage in this dish, I was hoping Sunshine would eat treats there as well. Sunshine is a picky eater and Huey would eat anything on the dish.

Sunshine is a food tosser, yesterday he almost emptied out his seed dish. I keep a paper towel under the dish so when he tosses he still has a chance to eat what he tosses. I wonder what he was looking for?

Interesting how he is blossoming now after 6 months in our house. His new game is not going back into his cage when it is time for me to leave for work. He just flies all around lol. He does laps and lands on his play gym or cage. If he lands elsewhere he sits and waits until I get up to him with my finger outstretched then he flies back to the cage and waits for me to walk back to cage only to repeat lol. I have learned to start this process earlier so I am not late.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lol so they will eat if hungry.
Thats so funny, it reminds me of my mother in laws budgie bengi, she can not for the life of her transition him to pellets but soon realized that after kiwi (budgie) tosses them on the play gym floor with he then and only then eat the pellets. Funny bunch they are lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts