Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this article in NYT. When Perry drops a big chunk of her bread, or a whole piece of fruit or veggie, I always say, "want help?" and pick it up for her. So I guess the answer would be, "no."

·
Super Moderator
4,893 Posts
It is amazing how smart people like scientists can be so stupid. Of course they do it on purpose. I suspect they have many purposes as stars in the sky. But fundamentally they do it because that is what God designed them to do. It is their place in the world and in nature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was blessed with 2 brothers born to breeder friend who said they would not be show quality. My best birb friend had just died and i was still dragging, but because I’m not show quality either, I took in the 2 brothers. Parrotlet are very territorial by nature, and myself being 1 of 3 brothers can state: apart we are one, get us together and it quickly can become a war zone. I love my brothers but sometimes…. So I get another matching cage and separate them by only several inches which works great. Except, when I take his brother out for daily exercise and scritches. At that point Stanley will start systematically tossing his food out of the cage onto the floor. His brother Ollie, does nothing of the sort, he quietly sits and waits his turn. This proves that they can be vindictive and also the individualism of each birb. I just ordered 2 cage nets however to combat this uprising, but fear what Stan will unleash when he figures the net thing out. Another funny thing is how fearless they are of the vacuum cleaner. They will ride in my shoulder as I vacume every day, but my 110 lb GSD runs upstairs and hides under the bed whimpering and shaking. 30 gram feather and beak vs. 110 lb muscle and fur…. fear factor winners are the parrotlets

·
Super Moderator
6,666 Posts
Hahahaha
I just saw the title and thought, "Yep."
You can see it in their eye 👀 little turds 😂

·
Registered
903 Posts
When mine throws food around and it lands on the floor, I call it her "feeding the jungle". It is just something parrots do instinctively - their cousins in the wild throw food from the tops of trees so the seeds will replenish their food source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts