Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Rio to me seems to be the adventurous and inquisitive type of bird. He may very well be enjoying the change of scenery. Having another bird to chat with is probably keeping him happily occupied. And the picture, well, he certainly looks like he is enjoying his grub! lol He DOES look happy! That is great! The main thing is you have him with someone who knows how take care of birds and you can trust! You are a responsible parront. But I can understand why you may still worry, and that you miss him. He is a big part of your life, and he is your baby, and we parronts know that there is no one on this little blue planet that can take better care of our birds than us! It is because we love them so dang much. And we know them! But Rizzie is right. They adjust well. Look at Jackie’s Kiwi! Once I have had Pugsley for a while, I will start taking him on day outings to a park or the beach because eventually, I hope to take a trip up to the mountains or up the coast. So, I am hoping he does well in the car or else I will pack him off to the breeder. I know if that happens, I will be feeling the exact same way as you are now, even though he will be in very competent hands. Great that you are getting pics and updates on how Rio is doing. That would make me feel better. Just enjoy your vacation and you will be back with your little guy before you know it! Being a parrotlet, he might surprise you with a few things he has picked up while you were gone! You'll have to let us know how he is doing when he is back to his “Home Tweet Home”. Do you think he check to make sure that everything is as he left it? lol

I remember reading about your adventures with Jules to Myrtle beach! Lovely that you had such happy times with your little blue girl. I bet your friends loved her! How often do people get to vacation with a bird? Those are wonderful memories that you and your wife will have forever. 💙

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Rio! You wee stinker! Are you watching what you feed him? Rio is a high energy bird, so avoid giving him foods high in fat, calories and carbs. I would stick to only the healthy stuff with him. Watch the sugar in fruits, etc. I know you mentioned it has been hard to get Rio to bed at night, but regardless, have you tried adding another hour or two of sleep time? It might help to curb those hormones some. I have no doubt that you will be discussing this with the vet when you see him. Let us know what he suggests! It is not fun feeling like a human pincushion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts