Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
I had to leave Tumi for about 50 days this summer, and it was quite the experience for me! Fortunately, there is a local parrot rescue that does boarding, so I knew that he was being cared for by parrot people who are ferociously protective of their flock. Tumi loves to travel, so most summers he comes with me. We have a TINY carrier that actually fits inside a Vera Bradley purse I have, so he MIGHT have been smuggled in a couple of places looking like a purse. ;) But it is really nice to have a place that you know will at least physically care for your bird as well as you would. He had some adventures this summer (their a/c died in the middle of the Georgia summer, so they had to evacuate the flock to various volunteer homes) but came through it all happy and happy to see me. I loved getting pictures, though - Tumi was flirting with the photographer!

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
He looks happy and content. Bird feathers don't lie, and birds don't "smile for the photo" - they are more likely to attack the camera! I think he is having a fun vacation.

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Wow. That is rough. Hopefully he calms himself down soon, or the "ego clip" helps. Tumi was the total opposite when I got him back, except for the bedtime - he would NOT go to bed on time! I think Tumi has made it very clear to me that he wants to be the only bird in my life, so he was fine leaving behind the flock he was housed with.

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Tumi is a bedtime brat too. If I so much as BREATHE, he is demanding release (if I got him in the cage in the first place).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts