Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been out with a sinus infection. I have a very important question. Does anyone know if birds should stay out of a dwelling that has been fumigated for termites longer than humans need to stay out?

I was planning on keeping the birds next door for a few extra days before moving them back home.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Karen I'm gonna take a leap here and say Yes, what you can tolerate will be way more than them. This is probably gonna be a hassle but I bet you should keep them away longer. Does your weather allow for you to open the windows now? Or I just thought call the pest company and ask them?

I hope you feel better..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As a precaution, I would say yes. Think of canaries in coal mines - they were used as early warning devices - if they died, it was time for the miners to get out! This means we can tollerate more stuff than little birds can.

Bean is more fun if he actually gets up after playing dead!

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone.
Sounds like bean and the other birds and pets are staying next door for some extra days.

·
Registered
794 Posts
As a precaution, I would say yes. Think of canaries in coal mines - they were used as early warning devices - if they died, it was time for the miners to get out! This means we can tollerate more stuff than little birds can.

Bean is more fun if he actually gets up after playing dead!

Regards,

Art S.
what would we without Art!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thank you Art for the kind words for Bean.
I am staying at a friend's house closer to where I work so that I don't have to make the 1 hour commute this week and brought Bean with me. He gets to keep me company at work. He does not want to sit in his cage and is very clingy to my shoulder.

Luckily we have the use of our neighbor's cottage next door for all the stuff we had to move out of the house. My husband is there holding down the fort.

Later all,
Karen

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had our little Quito boarded at the bird shop when we had just painted. I'd definitely keep him out of the house for a while. Perhaps if you/Bean can't stay at your friends for that long, you might consider boarding. Quito doesn't mind it that much since he sees other parrotlets there. He is a real flirt.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A few years ago we did some renovations in our house. We boarded our birds at our in-laws for several months. The boy started plucking upon his return home.

We're not sure of the connection but I thought I'd share.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Talking about plucking.... I went on a week vacation once and my sister came in to feed the birds and my Grey started plucking. He does it now anytime anything changes at the house. He still doesn't like my sister!!! Not a easy thing to deal with!!! (The plucking or the dislike for my sister! LOL)

I hope that P'lets aren't as high strung as Greys are!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you to everybody!

My plan is to not move them in until Sunday.
We are allowed in today so that should be lots of extra time. They did go into the house with some kind of fume meter and found no fumes. So I am just being careful.

It's funny, I have not even been home since Tuesday morning. So I never saw the tent. I'll have to wait to see the pictures my husband took.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts