Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I want a blue p'let!! It is very tempting, but I dunno yet . . . Last night, I took a picture of Baby hanging upside down like a bat. :) She is so silly!

It's hard to resist!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Blue Parrotlets are gorgeous! I love them all! Chipper and I say, blue or green, yellow, etc... they are all wonderful!

·
Registered
98 Posts

Here's one of the pics. She kept hanging upside down so she could play with her toys. She could have just stood on her perch. That would have been to easy though. I had to run and grab the camera before she moved.

She tries to eat the camera sometimes. It's pretty funny!

·
Registered
98 Posts
She'll stay like that for about five minutes. If there's a toy below she will chew it. She is so fearless. I have watched her chase both of my cats off three times.

I'm going to try and record it later. It's pretty funny. They (cats) will start backing up and then run off. :D

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I love that upside down picture! Chipper does that too, but only when she has no crown on, ha!

I have clipped Chipper. She flew fine, just lower. Her wings are growing out now. I think birds should fly to keep the muscles strong and their spirit happy. This depends on the safety in the home of course. We turn off the ceiling fans when she is out. She really only flies to her cage when she is tired of her playgym.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Sally - those 'crown' comments still have me a smilin' :)

I totally agree - if you can safeguard the house it is best to keep them flighted. As we all know, they are such bundles of energy and its a great outlet for them. And they fly and maneuver so well its a joy to watch them - they almost move like hummingbirds. Mine has little flying fits and takes off for quick laps around the room.

I also think it gives them more confidence - as Sally said it keeps their spirit happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts