Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've never heard of birds going through "teen" phases. I suppose it's possible, I've just never heard of it before. My guess is that something happened to Kiwi that has scared him from getting on your finger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
bonding

I heard that when they go thru a molting period that they don't really want to socialize. Is your's ready for that?
I've had mine for 6 days now and was wondering when he might start playing with his toys. Just ignores them right now. Anyone now about that? Also, he only likes the safflower seeds, is it okay to just feed hem that? Not interested in fruit or veggis either. Anybody with any Ideas??
Deone

·
Registered
17 Posts
My bird is molting right now and he still likes to be on my shoulder and come outside the cage. We only got him about 3 weeks ago and at first he didn't play with anything. He still just sits on my shoulder (or my head) when outside the cage, but he plays with his toys inside the cage now. I think it just takes time for them to get used to everything.

Sometimes if Baby Blue has been out of his cage alot he will refuse to come out for awhile, usually in an hour or so he chirps to be taken out again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts