Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you have had sucess with getting your P'let to talk. We were told Tiny talks, but we have only had him for a little over a month and have not heard anything yet! What did you all teach your bird to say? How big can their vocab be?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My little guy has a vocabulary of about 10 to 12 words. His favorite words are "Quito Sindelar" (his name), "Martin-Cyndee" (my husband and my name) and "Maly Ptacek" (Little Bird in Czech). In fact, he says "Quito Sindelar" whenever he wants to lure us to his cage (get out). He also repeats lots of non-word noises that are funny and laughs and makes kissy sounds like a human. When we talk to him (many sentences) he also has a "conversation" in his version of made up English.

We obviously repeat the words/phrases we want him to say and try to put them into context. Perhaps he isn't speaking yet because he's still getting used to your voice and/or hasn't identified any regular words or phrases. I'd be patient with him. One month is a very short period of time for some birds. Also, talk to him a lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts