TalkParrotlets.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hannah, my birds love to go with us on vacation, I thought it might stress them out and they seem to have fun and get all excited, and Noel is actually a little nice to Zack on vacation. Zack even gets on the side of the cage and yells at the big truck going past us. So if you even see a P'let doing that on your travels, it might be us..:D
Too funny about Zack yelling at the trucks! They are small but mighty! I think it is good for these little guys to get out and travel.

·
Registered
11,181 Posts
You there is something wrong with me, I laid awake to 3 am trying to figure out , how to convince my husband that I want or need another bird..That is bad.
Nope nothing wrong with you:) I spent months plotting... uh, I mean planning... on how to convince my husband that I (I really said my tiel Boyd) needed another birdie friend:) Took some work, but he was convinced! Heehee... but that's why I'm in denial about MBS...

·
Registered
456 Posts
LOL 'plotting' uh, 'planning' :D I'm always contemplating another but there are so many to choose...I would like one of each please! How many would that be :confused: That would be my 'planning' stage, then once the number is determined then I would start the 'plotting' stage with the hubby ;)

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I am just going to admit I have a problem and live with it..:rolleyes: Till..I can't stand it anymore. ;) :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yea, I thought I was handling my MBS, from my last outbreak, but it keeps coming back, I will have to go through the 12 step program again. Husband still says 2 are enough, which is true, if I keep bugging for about another year he might give in. :rolleyes: I really want a yellow one, but I sure love the look of the Speckles too :p
Oh Evelyn :p are you falling off the wagon? :D what's it to be? Speckles or Yellow? :p

·
Super Moderator
12,210 Posts
Oh Evelyn :p are you falling off the wagon? :D what's it to be? Speckles or Yellow? :p
Evelyn's world would be complete if they had a yellow spectacle!:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, Continuing my research into purchasing a parrotlet it seems that the Spectacle variety is quieter, less aggressive than the Pacific. However, they are very hard to find. I was wondering what your opinions were on one vs. the other. :rolleyes:
Also, if anyone knows of a reputable breeder in or around Calgary, Alberta, Canada you could send me a pm please.
I’m trying to make the same decision. I know of an aviary in Colorado, that ships. They have both on green rumped and spectacled on occasion. PM me for the name, if you are interested. I’m leaning toward green rumped at this point, because of their gentle nature.

·
Super Moderator
4,406 Posts
The lore is that green rumps are more gentle, shy, loving. I have not heard that about the spectacled before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want a spec you would have to have one shipped to you. I had my little guy shipped and he handled it just find. I also take him camping with us and he loves it. I have 2 breeders that will sell specs. I really want another one so so bad but I just can't do it right now.
My little boy is so awesome, very entertaining and makes me laugh HARD everyday. He is a riot. Yes he is special and I think non bird people think I am nuts. After having 3 different species I will have to put specs at the top of the list followed by green rumps then pacifics. I love my pacifics but the are fiesty and mean at times with a hard bite. Specs are sweet and loving. My little guys is very bonded to me and me only.
Can you pm me the breeders? Thanks😁

21 - 32 of 32 Posts