Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Sorry, not sorry!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Elaine 
#1 ·
How am I 52 yrs old and just discovering these amazing little creatures? Scooter makes me laugh everyday!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ha Ha Ha! That bird! I'm 67 and didn't discover the parrotlet until I was 54! I raised birds all my life, but not the parrotlet! When I got my first parrotlet named Bogie, he immediately changed my life! He also loved bells, like Scooter. Bogie had a 2 inch wide bell and he would put his head up inside the bell and make loud chirping/squeaking type sounds! The sounds didn't even sound like a bird inside that bell! It was so funny! He was buried with that bell along side of him.
P'letts are also known as " Bell Parrots ", as well as " Pocket parrots " ( and many more nick-names).

Dave
🦜

#3 ·
My husband and I are so entertained by this little bird! He may be small in stature but he has a giant personality! Scooter LOVES bells! I never considered myself a “bird person” but this little nugget changed that! I’m sorry about your Bogie😢 How old was he when he died?

#4 ·
Humphrey Bogart ( Bogie ) Miller had to be put down when he was 10 years and 2 weeks old! It was the hardest thing I ever did! He got a rare condition that caused the lining around his lungs to harden and restrict the air flow into his blood. It was not caused by diet or anything else, except genetics. The avian vet said it was a ' one in a million ' chance that he got this disease. Bogie was ' one in a million! " I wrote a book about him, but I am not well enough to promote the book properly, so publishing is on hold.

Dave

#5 ·
I’m so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is never easy. I can’t imagine how hard it was to make that decision. I’m sure 10yrs didn’t feel like nearly enough time.
I’ve cried harder over losing pets than I have some family members. My husband and I have always considered ourselves “dog people” but now we are dog and bird people :)

#6 ·
We discovered parrotlets 8 years ago when we were 50. Not a day goes by that they have not made us laugh. Rio is our 3rd parrotlet we have had the pleasure to own. The first we got as a baby bird. Everyone of them has been a unique individual with its own personality. Each on has been a clown, a friend, a family member, a emotional support animal. My wife says that fulfill a need in our relationship that we did not know we needed or was even missing. They are amazing pets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.