Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be okay to let a cockatiel and Kiwi bond a little by getting them both outside their cage and socializing with some shiny jewlery and playthings??

Just wondering, SUPERVISED of course!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
They can have time together, just monitor closely always paying attention to the body language. I don't suggest playing with jewelry though, you often don't know what type of metal they are made of. Keep it to bird safe things. Usually w/ a tiel, parrotlet combination, the parrotlet is more pushy and testy and the cockatiel is reserved. This can vary per bird though.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, I tried it 2 days ago. Sonnie was actually very selfish, "That is mine, That is mine, that is mine" Snagging everything away from poor Kiwi. Then Sonnie was actaully grooming Kiwis feathers a few times. Kiwi was biting Sonnie's tail tip feathers. Everything went actually good. I think they are good friends (Supervised), Sonnies is use to cockatiels bc if Daisy girl, seeing a bird like Kiwi, I bet he was thinking, "Look at that miget!":D Sonnie was very interested in such a small bird.

The only thing I am giong to bring up is that Kiwi charged only one time at Sonnie and Sonnie's head thing came up and he accidently, in his fear, smacked Kiwi with his wings. Sonnie is very big compared to other cockatiels. He is 5 years old. That is when the fun was over. I will try it again though. It was jsut an accident anyway, but Kiwi was charging with mouth over when i was petting Sonnie, I assume he doesnt like me loving on Sonnie-boy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts