Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I posted this: Guess I didn’t :confused:

Latest Photos of the Peepers – and a sm video clip – the big bang is a pot falling in the kitchen – didn’t bother Penny much but Rupert was on the lookout. He ‘grumbles’ at her feet when he wants her to move from ‘danger’ – he does it in the clip after the falling pot but as you’ll notice she doesn’t pay him any attention and just stays put :D

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s115/Pado_photo/?action=view&current=MOV00247.flv

·
Registered
582 Posts
They are so cute! That video makes me want to get two! but i'm sure I'll have my handsful with Allie all by herself from the updates by breeder is sending me! ;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
LOL I love Rupert's scarey face...he thinks he is all that..LOL.I believe the man is in love. His new girl is very pretty and you can tell he's proud of her.
she's gonna bond to him and leave you cold... I'm sorry....but you can sure tell he likes her, he watching out for her. The rest of us girls should be so lucky. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi pado.
are your bird's clipped?. are they in the same cage yet or are they still in sepperate cages.
i am thinking of getting a female for mr pickle. sadly the last one died, we only had her 3 days.
they were kicked out of the nest by the father. we had no idea how old she was. my friend andy, his is getting on really well they are in the same cage no probs.
nice vid by the way that is why i want a female for pickle. the breeder has some young at the moment so he said when they are ready we can go and get one,and he will no charge us. he is a top man.
all the best steve.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pado,

Great video. Very cute.

To everyone else thinking about a second bird, watch and see how Pado does for 6 months or a year, he may be lucky or there may be rough times ahead. If he's still happy with the decision then go for it. Pado is our site's two bird guinea pig :D .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone – they are very cute together [although I’m bias] :rolleyes: :p

I’ve gotta first say – I AM NO EXPERT – So please don’t rush out and buy a second Parrotlet based on my posts alone – Although I am vastly becoming an advocate on birds having the companionship of their own species. BUT that being said - everyone should do his or her own research. The birds need the proper provisions for this to take place.

Art posted some very good advice – I’m a guinea pig on this – I’ll keep posting how my guys do.

I am also working with two young birds – My male is still under a year and the female is only 10 weeks - and I AM expecting some challenges ahead.

Pudsli – I love your birds name, I almost named Mr. Peepers – Mr. Pickles :)
I’m so sorry to hear about your first female – 3 days, how sad. Did you rule out any disease? – I would strongly suggest a Vet check before adding another, just in case :eek:

To answer your question: My male [the older bird, is 10 months] he is fully flighted – The new female [10 weeks old] came clipped.

I have them housed separately – the cages are side by side. I believe she is too young to be put in with him full time – They have time out together every day to get acquainted - if they were the same age - depending on how they interact I may feel differently.

I will not attempt to put her in with him until she is at least 6 months old and is fully flighted AND at that time I plan on doubling the size of the cage. His cage now is 32x22x34 [thats inches for those of you outside the USA]. They will need a lot of space to get away from each other when they squabble.

Take a look at Arts cage – that is the perfect size for two Parrotlets. As I’m sure Memmey can contest - one can kill the other in a squabble if the cage is too small for the weaker one to flee. And none of this type of behavior will show until both the birds are mature.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
For those outside the US, just multiply Pado's dimentions by 2.54 to get CM ;) .

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pado, thanks so much for sharing the pics + videos. They are both so cute and I'm happy to see them getting along quite well even at this stage. Keep us posted on them! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts