Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m wondering if someone can help me out? Georgie has been making a very soft sweet cheeping sound.
I notice it when he’s eating or when he’s just sitting on me. My question is I’ve noticed the last few nights when I put him to bed and he gets on his sleep perch he starts it. After roosting with me, it takes a little bit of encouragement for him to go into his bed. That is when I start hearing the little chips. At first I took it as Being scared of the dark, but now I’m wondering if it actually just means that he’s content? Is that a sound that adult Birds make or is it because he is still kind of a baby? He is about seven months old. I’ve had him since he was 3 1/2 months

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello. I’m wondering if someone can help me out? Georgie has been making a very soft sweet cheeping sound.
I notice it when he’s eating or when he’s just sitting on me. My question is I’ve noticed the last few nights when I put him to bed and he gets on his sleep perch he starts it. After roosting with me, it takes a little bit of encouragement for him to go into his bed. That is when I start hearing the little chips. At first I took it as Being scared of the dark, but now I’m wondering if it actually just means that he’s content? Is that a sound that adult Birds make or is it because he is still kind of a baby? He is about seven months old. I’ve had him since he was 3 1/2 months
My Chumley does the same when I give him scritches on his head and beak.

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
When they get content they make all sort of interesting noises. Beak grinding. Mine does something I call twittering which may be what your are describing.

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
Thank you both! Yes…twittering sounds about right! He grinds his beak too. Aren’t they amazing?!
One other aspect. I have never had a talker but many that have birds that talk say they have noticed them practicing and working it out during quiet time around their sleep cycle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts