1,237 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
I had one, Melody liked it but after a short time she chewed the rubber and there was glue so I took it out. I'm not convinced it's really a bird safe material toy.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I agree with Bryan on the Planet Pleasures toys. Sophie is a shredder and she loves them. Some of them are very economical and can be purchased on Amazon.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with Bryan on the Planet Pleasures toys. Sophie is a shredder and she loves them. Some of them are very economical and can be purchased on Amazon.
But what about what Mrs.JP3 said that the sneaker toys have glue on them that holds them together? That's something that does concern me but I'm still going to look into either the Planet Pleasures website or one of the Safe Bird Stores sites so perhaps there won't be any glue on them that can be toxic.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
But what about what Mrs.JP3 said that the sneaker toys have glue on them that holds them together? That's something that does concern me but I'm still going to look into either the Planet Pleasures website or one of the Safe Bird Stores sites so perhaps there won't be any glue on them that can be toxic.

If they used non-toxic white glue like Elmer's, which is the same as the one that is safe for children to use, then it is bird safe.

Planet Pleasure toys are great for pet birds with "natural" materials.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have never had any of them but have seen them before. I try to get Pip either natural toys or hard plastic ones that he can not chew up.

Planet Pleasures is where I got his last batch of chew toys and he really likes them and is still playing with them. His favorite is the crunchy munchy and small soft cluster ones...
https://planetpleasures.com/crunchy-munchy/
https://planetpleasures.com/cluster-mix-soft-small/
I just checked out Planet Pleasures website and their toys are very nice but I'm surprised that there aren't many toys on there? I do see a couple of them that Willie would really like though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I like them because they offer free shipping on $35 orders and Pip loves chewing mahogany pods. I don't know why they don't offer more either but a lot of the online bird stores carry the brand. The last time I ordered something from them the package got lost in the mail and they sent out a new batch once they seen it was stalled/lost in the mail.

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
One other poster did say their bird just tossed it around and didn't chew it up. I have not heard of a specific instance where that shoe made a bird sick I just got nervous when the glue was exposed, but you could still try it and leave it untill it gets too torn apart like I did or maybe yours would just want to toss it around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We sold these tiny sneakers at the bird shop I worked at. We always advised clients to keep watchful eye on any toy in their bird's cage -- even the "bird safe" ones. Most birds take apart or chew toys, but don't actually eat or swallow them. However, they can become entangled or beaks get caught on parts that break or come apart. Examine them often and remove/replace when showing signs of wear. I wish my Buzz would play with toys, but he prefers to ring anything with bells attached!

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
The Planet Pleasures toys Sophie has are of woven straw. No glue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.