Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Smitten.....I know just how intelligent the p'lett can be! I had a p'lett named Bogie that was way far more educated than I ever though a bird could be. This bird was amazing. He learned vocabulary, but he changed the words and sentences to suit different situations! Example...he learned to say " Let me out " when he wanted to get out of his cage. But later, he would ask to be let out and I ignored him because I was too lazy to get up, he would say, " Let me out! I'm Bogie! " When I heard this, I jumped up and let him out! He only added, " I'm Bogie " when I ignored him. He knew who he was. He added the I'm Bogie to a lot of sentences. " Give me a kiss, I'm Bogie! " etc.... He even played tricks on me and he laughed. I miss that bird!

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smitten.....I know just how intelligent the p'lett can be! I had a p'lett named Bogie that was way far more educated than I ever though a bird could be. This bird was amazing. He learned vocabulary, but he changed the words and sentences to suit different situations! Example...he learned to say " Let me out " when he wanted to get out of his cage. But later, he would ask to be let out and I ignored him because I was too lazy to get up, he would say, " Let me out! I'm Bogie! " When I heard this, I jumped up and let him out! He only added, " I'm Bogie " when I ignored him. He knew who he was. He added the I'm Bogie to a lot of sentences. " Give me a kiss, I'm Bogie! " etc.... He even played tricks on me and he laughed. I miss that bird!

David
That would have gotten me out of my chair too! Fast haha. It sounds like he was a very cool
little character.
They do not seem to waste any time training us!

·
Super Moderator
4,781 Posts

David
The ones we lost will always have a part of our heart. They are like people in that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts