Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just found you. I have a male Pacific named Peanut. Working from home has been great for him. He spends the day with me running back and forth across my desk. 馃槉

My question is about using a smaller cage just for sleeping at night. Does anyone do this?

Administrator
I have in the past. It depends on the bird. Some feel more comfortable that way.

Jules and Bo wanted small cages for sleep and big cage for day. But did not want it covered.

Rio likes his big cage but wants it covered for night time.

So now the small cage is Rio's play and travel cage.

Registered
Hello to you and Peanut! We are glad you found us! My bird would not sleep in a smaller cage. :( She had a small cage as a baby which would have served as a sleeping cage, but I could not get her in it again once she got her flight cage. :rolleyes: Like Ozzie mentioned, some love the idea, others don't. So, if Peanut is okay with it, I say go for it!

We love birdy pics around here. Do you have any pictures of Peanut you would like to share? If you have any questions about anything else, feel free to ask! It is nice to have you and Peanut join our flock! :)

Registered
Hello and welcome to you and Peanut (love the name). Kiwi has always slept in the small cage that I got when she came home with me. It also doubles as a travel cage, which is handy. She has a large cage during the day but when she was younger, she would fly to her sleep cage at night when it was her bedtime. She doesn鈥檛 fly anymore now that she鈥檚 an old girl, but ahe strrrrretches her body waaaaay out on my finger as we walk toward her room at night and jumps right in. She is definitely one of those birds who loves her little sleep cage (she is also covered at night).

Looking forward to seeing photos of Peanut if you would like to share!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts