Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning on getting a few things for my new parrotlets before they come and was wondering if there were any reccomendations.
HTML:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pet_supplies.cfm?c=5059+8472
I see there are huts, sacks, tents... will putting something in there increase their securtity or make them all hormonal and more prone to be quarrelsome.

thanks

yoshi's dad

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kiwi loves her cozy hut which she sleeps in at night. ACtually the one she has is large enough for two birds! I would try it and see what they do. Also, a slinky hung through the top bars gives them something to tunnel through.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
There are a lot of varying opinions on tents, huts etc. Some say Parrotlets like to sleep in them because they feel secure etc - this might be true to some extent for young birds as it may give them a sense of security like their nest box did. But some say for the older or adolescent birds it could incite their breeding and nesting instincts and encourage egg laying in females.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't know anything about the breeding aspect of things, but I have failed miserably trying to get Nemo to use any huts or tents to sleep in. When he was younger, I've caught him using the hut once or twice. These days...nope, never.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Each bird is diff. Some love tents. Chipper never has. I would just try things to see what they like.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Since you have swings in the cage, they could use them and Kiwi likes to also sleep on the hanging coiled rope so you can watch them and see what they do...or they may just cuddle on a regular perch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts