Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to figure out male or female. Now he or she is 18 Days old. Zanate, Mirlo and Mirla are a blackbird. The middle one is taking on a greenish hue.
Hand Medical glove Finger Gesture Safety glove

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Hi....I have been away....sorry. The green one's sex can not be identified in the pic. If there is cobalt blue under the edges of the wings, it can be male. There must be a cobalt/teal patch on the top of the rump/tail. This has to be there for a greenie to be a male. If it is green, then you have a female.

I have never seen a black parrotlet. Black is not a parrot color, from what understand. When you said blackbird, were you referring to parrotlet being black?

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi....I have been away....sorry. The green one's sex can not be identified in the pic. If there is cobalt blue under the edges of the wings, it can be male. There must be a cobalt/teal patch on the top of the rump/tail. This has to be there for a greenie to be a male. If it is green, then you have a female.

I have never seen a black parrotlet. Black is not a parrot color, from what understand. When you said blackbird, were you referring to parrotlet being black?

Dave
Good Day and thank you, I am so new at this and discovering every day. Wow, you were right he/she is turning to green. But seeing any cobalt blue on maybe her. The wife will have to come up with a new name, maybe, now the middle or second already showing blue at wings and rump. Thanks again for letting me have a little piece of your knowledge. I thought the first might of becoming gray but it's like you said, going to be Green.
Feather Wing Tail Electric blue Petal
Gesture Glove Woolen Nail Art
Feather Wing Tail Electric blue Petal
Gesture Glove Woolen Nail Art

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
I love baby bird pics.... keep them coming. It is amazing how awkward they look and how quickly they change

1 - 6 of 6 Posts