Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is her second go around laying eggs she's two years old but this time she only layer four , one a day for four days. And she sitting on the but when she come out to eat n drink she looks like she breathing very heavily and her lower body like she contracting or sumthing for like 3 days now... is she having trouble with another egg? Or is it normal for her to only lay 4

· Super Moderator
3,905 Posts
Hi again. Goodness your girl is determined to have eggs and she sure seems to struggle with them. We are not vets in this forum but it always gives me serious concern to hear of a bird that is breathing heavily. If she looks like she is bearing down and breathing heavily, it could indeed be stuck again. Have you tried some of the suggestions the vet gave you the last time, to help her pass the egg? You should seriously consider another visit to your avian vet. These egg laying scenarios seem to be incredibly hard on your sweet bird and I fear she is suffering. I have never dealt with egg laying so I don’t have any experience to offer you, other than my concerns with her condition. I wouldn’t hesitate to take my bird to the vet if she was having those symptoms.

Keep us posted, please.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right exactly when she jumps off her eggs she's doing that heavily contracting breathing motions but when I take her out ( cause she loves to drink water out of a water bottle ) she doesn't breath that way she just Fluffy her feathers very strong like n preens herself then jumps very quickly back onto her nest. She has a coconut on top part of her cage with a cozy corner put inside the coconut like a blanket n she's sleeps in there n now layer her eggs in there so I think I should take her to a vet but don't want to traumatize her again.

· Super Moderator
3,905 Posts
The coconut and cozy corner might be causing her egg laying urges. It is very much like a nest. Once this egg lying episode is over, you should perhaps remove it. They sleep well on a nice soft rope perch so don’t worry about giving her a “bed”. She is so sensitive to egg laying, you will want to avoid anything that makes her thing that way - shredding or nesting material in particular.

Did you try the things your vet suggested when you took her the last time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts