Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here watching Burdy try to take a bath in her water bottle. I have one of those thin water bottles that have a 1/4-1/2 inch troth at the bottom. She has a bigger water dish to take a bath in but insists on trying it this way. :rolleyes:
Now we all know you can not dunk your wing in a tiny 1/4 inch tube right. She even trys to stick her feet in.
Is there a way to coax her into a real bath? I put nice warmer water in the bowl but nope "I do not want to take my bath there"
Silly Burdy!! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will get her one like your Sally next time I am out and about. The one she has now is smaller. I also have a med crock bowl that I might give her in the am.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Thats cute :D - my female also tries to bathe in her water tube opening when I have them outside in the sun - I give mine baths in the sink under the faucet - I need top pick up one like Sally's also so I can put it in the cage when they are outside –

We were swimming this weekend so I had the birds out by the pool most of the day – they loved it. I generally leave them out only about an hour or so but since we were all out there I figured I’d leave them. I thought they would be scared of the yelling and the pool toys flying about but they didn’t care at all – I think I’ll do that more during the summer :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sally, what is the depth of the water in her bath? My bird's is only an inch, but she won't go in it-- just looks at it and flaps her wings...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Bitsy bathes in his water dish - obviously he doesn't fit. I've tried so many things that he simply ignores (in terms of dishes, etc. to bathe in). I wonder if he would use one like yours, Sally. Where did you find it?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My wife uses the clear plastic lid of a prepared food tray with about a half inch of water and some greens in it - they love playng in the water and chewing on the greens.

Regards,

Art S.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I tried a ceramic bowl today nope she used her water bottle spout. brat
Art we will try that. What kind of greens do you use?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Lily, I guess it is two inches or so. It is on the outside of the cage. A big treat for her during the day. She has a big water bowl inside, but this is special I guess.

Chipper has never liked to bathe in greens. Each of them are so diff.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sally, you have the water at a 2" depth and she actually jumps into it, or does she just splash from the lip of the bowl?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put greens out for them to bathe on, too. On top of the cage. Kale usually it's the leafiest and roughest. I use distilled water to wet them after cleaning, then spray the greens more and them with a spray bottle from high up like rain.

They love to climb on/under them and roll around then move onto the wet cage bars then back to the greens.

You have to remove all the food though from inside, AND make sure the toys and stuff dont get wet. I usually take their stuff out and clean the cage when they bathe.

Here's some photos (Im not half the photographer that Sally is though!)

Dont click on the first one, sideshow, that's some dopey thing Photobucket did on it's own!

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p213/piper215/

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Cindy, Those pictures are cute!!!

Lily, she stays on the side, but dips into the water. Did you see the video? That shows what she does. It is very funny.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cindy those are great pictures. I had no idea what you were really saying about the kale and taking abath. It was better absorbed into my brain with a visual. I was like huh kale to take a bath sure but that is neat the way they roll aroud with it. Now i got to go to teh grocery store and pet soter one to get a dish like Sally and then to get some Kale and greens like Art and Cindy!!
Thank you for all the idea's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts