Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that scented candles are not good for our birds. I was given a scented wax melter for Christmas. :( There is not a flame - the wax is melted by a small electric light bulb. I am assuming that the issue is with the scent of the wax - not with how it gets melted. Nonetheless, if anyone has definitive information on this subject, I'd be grateful for input. Needless to say, I haven't used the gift yet.

Bitsy thanks you in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
If I were in your situation I would likely say to myself, "better safe than sorry". I certainly wouldn't use it in the same room as Bitsy, however here at home I will move my only upstairs bird down into the aviary, shut the aviary door and the bathroom door and light a scented candle while I soak in the tub. Afterwards I keep the door to the bathroom closed and run the fan for a little while until the scent is gone - again, better safe than sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
a lot of scented candles are scented with chemicals that are harmfull to humans, so def a no-no for birds. Some of them even contain lead.

Here's a heads up for other bird owners, room deoderizers, scented room sparys and any type of plg in or free standing air-fresheners ALL realease chemicals that will be harmfull to you and your birds over time.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top