Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been a little delayed on the forum over the last few days because of this little cutie pie. After our beautiful Paris passed in December last year, I didn’t know when I would ever have room for another dog (my husband is very allergic to cats or it would have been a cat) and I certainly never expected I would take in a puppy, but this is how life works, folks. Never say never.

Kiwi is curious about him. She clearly knows it isn’t Paris. He has heard her calls and he looks around but he hasn’t seen her yet. I am monitoring her carefully but she doesn’t seem stressed so far. She comes out with me when he is asleep but there will be no interaction between them. She’s just too old and the risk is too high.

So say hello to Scooter (and wish me well with those puppy teeth 😱)!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Scooter! Oh, my gosh, Jackie! What an adorable puppy! Look at that face! How could anyone say no to a face like that? What a lucky little guy he is! He has a good home and has many happy years ahead of him. Congrats on your new baby! Oh, yes, watch your toes. I remember my beagle couldn't resist a big toe when he was a baby. It bloody well hurt! lol
Thanks Anya. That’s so kind of you. He is definitely a cutie and your advice to watch my toes is spot on! He is s toe biter and loves to chomp down on my big toe! No more bare feet for awhile - although that doesn’t stop him. Socks and shoes are chewy fun too! Ah puppies. Thank goodness it doesn’t last forever. Lol!

·
Super Moderator
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is doing so well. What a good puppy. Only 2 accidents so far - one totally my fault for taking the time to get a coat when he was clearly indicating her wanted to go out. He doesn’t whine at night and he signals us twice that he needs to pee - so far at midnight and at 4 am. Much better than what we expected.

The most interesting part is Kiwi’s reaction. He’s not a barker (yet) but he runs all over playing with his toys and goofing around. He has taken up a spot beneath one of her cage tables as a relax and chew spot. Kiwi is much more animated. I see her watching him and she rings her bells and calls out. I have her out when he’s napping so she’s still getting her attention. She had a big bath just now when he went off for a nap. She’s generally more active during the day.

I would like to thinks she’s enjoying his liveliness. She definitely isn’t showing any signs of fear or apprehension. Let’s hope this harmony continues!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts