·
Registered
Hoi
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I checked Craigslist the other day and found this:
Bird Product Pet supply Bird supply Wood

It isn't too far from me.
The sun counre is 15 years old and the green-cheeked is 5-10 years old, and they're both females.
It's really sad, the cage is the same size as them combined, and there's no enrichment at all.
Could I handle 2 more birds?? I could afford it, but could I handle it? (And yes I am still thinking ahead to collage). I've been wanting conures for a long time, and I understand they're way different than parrotlets.
I've never seen a bird ad this bad before ):
I can give you the link to the ad if you PM/DM me.

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
You have to watch Craigslist. Lots of hard luck birds there. If I took them all my home would be full. Especially since rehoming and rescuing birds is sort of my thing. I like the challenge of it.

The conures are fun birds but my they are messy, loud, painful. They take a bit more space to do right.

Reactions: kiwi_and_avocado

·
Registered
484 Posts
I went through this process of attempting to adopt a conure. They are much bigger than parrotlets, even bigger than you think they will be. There is a high chance of aggression. It is a risk.

Unfortunately this is the sad reality of bird ownership for many birds. As Ozzie said, if I could open my wallet and home to every bird out there that is neglected, I would be doing a full time job and would have an entirely full home. It's just not feasible.

I don't look at ads for birds for this reason, it makes me sad. I would advise you stay with your current two in your flock and concentrate on enriching their lives as much as possible.

·
Super Moderator
6,632 Posts
If there is a reputable rescue from you and you don't think the person would surrender them you could always take the birds and then surrender them yourself to the rescue to be adopted out. That is if you know of a rescue that will give them adequate housing that care food socialization etc. I am very lucky to have an amazing rescue here in town

Reactions: Lisa941
1 - 4 of 4 Posts