Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
It is a sad page, but I am saddened also by the very small cages in all of the pictures and lack of toys, etc.

And I know this is at a bird store (where they should know better!)

That cage is way too small for even a pair of parrotlets!!! And I fear for that poor budgie. I understand they are "buddies" or whatever, but even good friends have spats and that budgie will have no where to go if they get upsest with each other. ugh, I cringe at the thought. And they have practically nothing to do! A couple of lousy, boring toys only. Food dish is heaping with what looks like only seed. I am sorry, I just get very sensitive about poor keeping practices.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It takes a while. I had one forum previously, for my home based "Andrea's Aviary" Not much happened there and I had it for a couple of years maybe. Bonsai Birds / Partners for Parrots went up only at the beginning of this year and I was quite impressed with how quickly it grew. By that point I was doing parrot behavior consultations and my webstore had grown a bit and I was just a little more established in the "aviculture world" so perhaps that was the difference. dunno!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just keep on keeping on! My first forum was phpBB, it was okay. Then I went to SMF which we currently are using. I have been VERY happy with it, although I have never taken time to modify the colors, make a banner, etc. But I have purchased vBulletin and am very excited and anxious to switch over to it. vBulletin is what TalkParrotlets uses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts