Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to convert my bird's diet from seeds to Roudybush but I am having trouble deciding on what size buy. I was thinking the mini pellets, but I don't know if they would be too big for him? Also what size bag would you recommend buying so that he has time to eat the food while it's still fresh?

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I am going to convert my bird's diet from seeds to Roudybush but I am having trouble deciding on what size buy. I was thinking the mini pellets, but I don't know if they would be too big for him? Also what size bag would you recommend buying so that he has time to eat the food while it's still fresh?
I use the crumbles with Sky, but that's because she doesn't like things that are too big, like sunflower seeds, and she won't eat full pellets. With her she gets half and half, crumbles and seed. It's really just a question of what your bird will eat. First you could try the pellets and see how that goes, and then if needed the crumbles...experimenting you'll find your answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,920 Posts
I wrote to Roudybush with this very question and they sent me samples of both. I highly recommend you do the same. Each parrotlet is differently picky, and you want to find the right size for the bird. Neither size is too big or small, it just depends on the personal preference. Just fill out their online contact form and give them your address.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Azuki will eat anything mini's or smaller too, but we buy mini's because it's easy to find in the California Blend which is what he likes.

I buy it 10lbs at a time since we have 4 birds eating it. I keep it in it's bag inside of an air tight container and it keeps fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts